GTA 5 first person mode may be on the way according to a hastily removed update from Rockstar’s website. A cached version of Rockstar’s article can be seen here. With the first person mod for GTA 4 garnering so much popularity, certainly many players are excited to take in Los Santos the same way – now with none of the hassle that comes along with modding.
According to the update, first person mode is just one of a handful of additions to the next gen iteration of Rockstar’s hit game. The list includes:
- A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
- A brand new first person mode while on foot
- A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
- New animals roaming Los Santos
- Animals in GTA Online
- Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
- Newly overhauled character selection screen
Rockstar also promises to take full advantage of PC and next gen gaming hardware:
Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.
With online characters and progress being able to be transferred to any of the new platforms, many players will have a little extra incentive to pick up another copy. GTA 5 is out on November 18th for Xbox One and PS4, but PC players are left waiting until January 27th . If you’re still wondering what else to expect from the next gen GTA 5 release, have a look at the offical details already announced by Rockstar.